Monday, June 13, 2011

I Found Something I Hate About Free People!

     I was poking around Free People's website because I am infatuated with their clothes, and to be honest, my life has been pretty dull since I've gotten home so there's not much else on my mind besides petty materialistic wants. I've yawned so many times today that my dad started telling me to shut up. 
     Free People's store is opening in Westfarm's mall 15 minutes away from my house in Connecticut, supposedly this month, which I see as a miracle and a danger. My bank account that I've tried so hard to restrain myself from draining on dumb things I don't need will inevitably plummet when Free People finally opens. I have come to accept that.
     What I came across on their website made me want to projectile vomit.
     I was just sitting there, mindlessly scrolling through the Vintage section, when I noticed a link that said Vintage Tees that I didn't know existed. So of course I clicked it. The urge to projectile vomit began when I saw the dumb designs that look like they were pulled off a rack at Goodwill. I'm all for Goodwill and Savers, but the ridiculously high price in combination with the t-shirts themselves made my urge to projectile vomit grow.
     From of the list of weird, pointless, obscure things I could rant about is when girls wear shirts for bands they don't listen to. I googled "band shirt tumblr girl" and found that picture I posted. Of course, it was on a tumblr called "Girls With Band T-shirts." That girl is clearly too busy texting and posing stereotypically for her beloved tumblr followers to realize KISS is a terrible glam metal band who everyone pretends to like and your dad used to listen to when he was your age. Gene Simmon's face in its current state makes me think of lumpy cottage cheese.
     Unfortunately, while I'm writing this, there's no dumb band shirts on the site for me to complain about. But right now there's a "vintage eagle tee" on sale for a whopping $128. Any normal person could buy one of those shirts from a Goodwill/Savers if they looked hard enough. I could ask my Uncle Ralph to borrow one from his vast selection of eagle and wolf shirts if I really wanted to and get a similar one for free.
     I never thought it'd happen but I've found something that Free People puts its name on that I don't like. I'm not one for going out of my way to dislike or be annoyed by things, but I currently have nothing better to do with myself and my blog is long overdue for a new post.
     

1 comment:

  1. those free people shirts are bootleg, who pays 198$ for a bootleg judas priest tshirt

    ReplyDelete