Friday, November 5, 2010

So, These Are My Parents


...and some random awkward-looking guy who apparently likes the Yankees. I love checking my email and finding gems like this from my dad tucked into my crowded, neglected inbox. I should probably be really embarrassed to call these people my parents, but fuck it, this picture makes me love them so much. I love being able to say that my dad's favorite movie is a toss-up between The Hangover and Hot Tub Time Machine, and I love how my mom doesn't act completely naive about what I've been doing in college. It sucks that it took me until now to fully realize how lucky I am to have them. Sure, they didn't let me do everything I wanted to do in high school, but compared to other extreme, over-protective parents, I had it pretty damn good. I took them for granted in high school so many times, never again.

Note to self: I should really check my email more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment