Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Semi-Pointless Christmas Related Post


     This year my mom insisted my brother and I take a picture together for our Christmas card. I felt like such a tourist waiting in line to take a picture at Christmas Village, formerly renamed Holiday Village... but is now Christmas Village again. I still think our dog would be cuter to look at, but this works too. 
     As much as I'm in need of a break, I'm going to miss all the hobos, jaywalkers, abundance of bikes, the weird people above us who run laps around their room a lot, larger-than-life murals on every exposed concrete wall, insane drivers, free spirits, great parties,  shopping in stores other than Forever 21, old architecture, and restaurants that aren't just Panera/ Taco Bell that make my experience in Killadelphia stand out from other cities. That was a really long sentence that I could have broken up to abide by the rules of grammar that are going to govern my life if and when I get a job as some sort of journalist, but it's my blog and I can do what I want! 
     It's a shame how much bad coverage Philadelphia gets from the media. People don't realize that the media would rather focus on the negatives that happen in Philadelphia rather than the positives because it's simply easier for an audience to react to, which in turn, makes Illadelphia seem like a city filled with crime and nothing but. I quickly found out that Philadelphia isn't what the media makes it out to be. That huge sentence is still only a little slice of all the things I could say about this city.

Merry Christmahanukwanzika!

No comments:

Post a Comment