Thursday, December 2, 2010

Steven Alan, I'm Into It







































     Just discovered Steven Alan thanks to Gilt Groupe of course, where else? He's not the typical designer I tend to see on Gilt and usually I don't go out of my way to further look into the designers I see posted up there, but Steven Alan caught my eye. According to his website, "having started as a retailer with stores in downtown Manhattan, he garnered a following of artistic young customers searching for clothing that was original and unique."
     The screen shots above are from the Fall 2010 collection, so they're not brand new. I don't care. There's something about wearing long tops or dresses and chunky sweaters over tights that just screams fall to me. This is something that isn't going to get old within a year.
     Steven Alan's clothes remind me of clothes I'd come across in Urban Outfitters. Actually, when I googled Steven Alan, I found that he apparently collaborated with them for his clothing line called Lark & Wolff (called it). I think it's only for men's clothing. His own independent collection gives me more of a sophisticated, polished vibe, rather than the whole "trying to be hip" vibe I get from a lot of clothes in Urban Outfitters.
     All I'm saying is that I'm really into Steven Alan. His clothes remind me of something I'd find in Urban Outfitters, except they're much less predictable and more fashion forward.

Screen shots obtained from the Women's Fall 2010 Lookbook by Steven Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment