Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Camera And Such

    I try not to make posts on here about myself because frankly, I feel like my own day-to-day life is on the boring side. The highlight of my Friday was getting a big bowl of macaroni and cheese at Panera. I'm home in Connecticut now and since my brain is turned off for winter break, it's hard to come up with ideas to write/rant about.
     Unlike what seems like the majority of my friends on Facebook, I'm actually loving the snow right now. I have nowhere to go and no plans tonight, so it's even more of an excuse to stay at home tonight. Although, my brother, his girlfriend, and I all decided it was imperative that we drive through the blizzard for chicken nuggets at McDonalds. I don't care if they're made out of pink goop, that pink goop makes my taste buds go wyld.
      I kept myself entertained after our chicken nugget feast by taking pictures of various Christmas paraphernalia around my house with my new camera. And my dog, of course. I can't wait to get back to dear old North Philadelphia where there are actual places to go take pictures of, although this camera can make common household items look like works of art. I admittedly don't know much about photography, but I'm ready to change that.
      This camera is actually the fourth one I've gotten for Christmas. The first three had to be returned. The first one came in a damaged box, and the second one was fine, but the battery didn't charge. The third one was fine, and the battery charger worked - until my dog decided to run around on a rampage around my kitchen and her loopy tail got hooked on the charger's wire. My kitchen has a tile floor. My dad was so outraged, he drove through the blizzard tonight to West Hartford to exchange it, yet again. The people working at Best Buy probably know him on a first name basis at this point, and I have perfected packing away the camera and all its parts into their appropriate boxes and packaging. Fingers are crossed that nothing goes wrong with this one!







     


No comments:

Post a Comment